Have you considered a career in teaching? Now is the time to act! California is in the midst of a teacher shortage, as K-12 districts are looking to replace baby-boomers who are retiring in great numbers.
Coastline College offers an online teacher preparation pathway called TEACh3. Coursework is completed online, combined with fieldwork at a local school near you. TEACh3 offers various pathways that are designed to help students regardless of their specific goals or circumstances. The pathway you choose can expedite your progress toward a credential or a paraprofessional position as an aide.
What is TEACH3?
“It’s not a traditional program where our students start and end at the same place,” says TEACh3 department chair, Dr. Sharon Chard-Yaron. “TEACH3 is more of a learning community or collective, where we work with students interested in a teaching or related career taking many different pathways.”
TEACH3 STUDENT PROFILES
Coastline’s student profiles are split into various categories, including the following:
- Coastline students seeking a K-12 teaching credential
- Students who already have a credential and are working on an additional authorization
- Students working towards fulfilling ECE [early childhood education] units for an initial child development permit.
- California State University or Private university students who are completing just a few missing courses necessary at Coastline for advancement with their cohort
- Other students at partner community colleges
- Paraprofessionals already in a classroom and looking for a career ladder.
- Students taking courses to begin working as a classroom aide
- Home-schooling parents looking to pick up some skills in teaching
- Behavior specialists working with autistic children AND MORE!
Whatever the student needs are, Coastline supports them all.